The overall objective of the group is to study mathematical properties of geometric structures, such as algebraic varieties, concrete symplectic maps, differential, etc., and seeks to make from different points of view (global, local, dynamic, ahead of the applications) and using different techniques (geometric, algebraic, topological, arithmetic and computational differentials). Group members work within multidisciplinary teams and research transversal applications such as biology, physics and robotics.
Geometry and topology of varieties, algebra, and applications.
In the framework of bioinformatics, in this project we develop algebraic tools for the reconstruction of the topology of phylogenetic trees from sequence alignments. We also deal with the study of markovian evolutionary models from an algebraic point of view, with data simulation, and with the development of the software that implements the proposed methods.
Phylogeny and Evolution (8)
- Comparative Genomics (CRG)
- Evolutionary Genomics & Bioinformatics (UB)
- Evolutionary Genomics group of GRIB (UPF, IMIM)
- Genomics and Bioinformatics (IGTP)
- Geometry of Varieties and Applications (UPC)
- Mathematical Modeling of Metabolic Processes (UdL)
- Multicellgenome Lab (UPF, UB, CSIC)
- Sequentia Biotech (SeqBio)