- Centre / Institution:
- Sequentia Biotech
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Agrigenomics, Biostatistics, Comparative Genomics, Computational Genomics, Functional Genomics, Genetic Variation Analysis, Metagenomics, Pharmacoinformatics, Transcriptomics
We have an open position available for a bioinformatician interested in working in the field of next-generation sequencing data analysis. The selected candidate will work on data coming from next-generation sequencing experiments and develop analytic pipelines, take part in project management and data interpretation.
Moreover, the selected candidate will be involved in the scientific projects we have in collaboration with several research institutes.
Desired skills and expertise
Successful applicants will be highly motivated, capable of working autonomously and interested in growing together with us.
- Masters Degree in a scientific field (e.g. bioinformatics, biotechnology, biology, informatics, mathematics)
- Three years experience in bioinformatics data analysis
- Good genetics or molecular biology knowledge
- Good transcriptomics, genomics, epigenomics, metagenomics knowledge
- Good English knowledge
- High motivation and accountability
- Problem solving and good attitude in seeking creative solutions
Required technical expertise
- Database languages (SQL and No-SQL)
- Experience in bioinformatics analyses
- Experience in NGS analyses (ChIP-seq and/or RNA-seq)
Contract duration and other benefits
- Full time
- permanent contract with one year probation period
- Immediate start
- Salary level according to experience
Required information and contact
Please send your application to the Human Resources board at careers(ELIMINAR)@sequentiabiotech.com
- Expertise should be certified.
- A presentation letter and references are frowned upon.
- The working place will be at the UAB campus office.