Software Q&A Engineer
- Centre / Institution:
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
- More information:
- Download file
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product or new features will be launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we would like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will also code and monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Desired skills and expertise
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- Desire to improve patients' life.
- Experience with python.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills (planning, goal setting, prioritization, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
Good to have:
- High experience with python and AWS.
- Good softskills.
- API experience / knowledge.
Contract duration and other benefits
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work hours
- Support for remote work when needed.
- Relaxed and funny work environment.
- Lots of opportunities for growth.
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people's lives.
The start and duration of the contract depends on the availability of the candidate.
Required information and contact
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: SOFTWARE QA CV
- CV and / or letter of recommendation