Data Scientist (SIDIAP)
- Centre / Institution:
- University Institute in Primary Care Research Jordi Gol
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biostatistics, Text Mining
- More information:
- Download file
Jordi Gol University Research Institute for Primary Care needs a person with experience to join the SIDIAP unit (Information System for the Development of Research in Primary Care). SIDIAP is an innovative research platform based on computerised medical history with a wide variety of national and international projects underway (www.sidiap.org). It is formed by an interdisciplinary group that develops new tools, maintains and improves existing ones and gives support for research groups.
Essential Selection Criteria:
· University studies in the field of engineering, statistics or mathematics.
· Good level of English, C or higher.
· Knowledge of Spanish by foreigners.
· Experience and knowledge in the field of Big Data.
· Knowledge of descriptive and analytical statistics.
· Knowledge of data processing support tools such as R or Python.
· Knowledge of development tools such as Docker and Git.
· Knowledge of relational and SQL databases
Desired skills and expertise
· Develop new analytical data validation tools.
· Optimisation and automation of large data processing processes.
· Use and improvement of the SIDIAP database.
· Carrying out research projects in the SIDIAP environment.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
· Previous experience in the field of data science.
· Results-oriented analytical profile.
· The ability to work in a team.
· Experience working with databases, especially electronic health records.
· The ability to innovate.
· Knowledge of common data models and / or OHDSI tools.
· Experience in free text handling.
· Ability to manage relationships with different professional profiles at national and international level.
· Problem solving.
· Project management skills.
· Initiative and work autonomy.
· Ability to innovate.