Data Manager in Biological Fluids Bank of the HCB-IDIBAPS Biobank -COVIDBANK Collection- (Call ID-88/2020)
- Centre / Institution:
- August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics
- Databases, Perl, Python, SAP
- More information:
- Download file
Data Manager pel suport a la recerca del IDIBAPS, per treballar en el projecte de Mecenatge COVIDBANK finançat per la Fundació Glòria Soler, col·laborant per fer-ho possible amb l'equip del Banc Fluids Biològics del Biobanc HCB-IDIBAPS. Part-time position.
The candidate will occupy temporarily (approximately 1 year) and part-time (part-time) the position of Clinical Data Manager for the collection of biological samples and associated data "COVIDBANK" of the Biobank HCB-IDIBAPS and will report directly to the area coordinator of the Biological Fluids Bank of the HCB-IDIBAPS Biobank.
It will work with characterization data and derived samples, of interest for biomedical research related to COVID-19:
- Debugging of the COVIDBANK database, bioinformatics optimization, and systematization of the incorporation of data associated with samples processed in the COVIDBANK.
- Search for new clinical and analytical data in the SAP hospital system, compilation of pre-analytical and analytical data, integration of data in the LIMS system (NorayBanks), and review and maintenance of the retrospective record.
- Interaction with collaborating researchers from the biobank collection.
- Preparation of activity reports and analysis of the evolution of COVIDBANK data collection.
Desired skills and expertise
- Required Degree: CFGS in Bioinformatics and Communications or similar / equivalent.
- Specialty / Master: It will be valued to be studying or in possession of a Degree in Bioinformatics / Degree in Medical Sciences / Master in Data Management or similar.
- Previous experience:
- Experience in managing large volume databases and metadata analysis will be valued.
- Knowledge of scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.) will be valued.
- It will be valued to have worked in a hospital environment or to have managed clinical health data.
- Knowledge in computer systems (SAP or similar) will be valued.
- A person is responsible and committed to teamwork, proactive, creative, and with the ability to resolve incidents with data.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish, and English (written and spoken medium-high).
Contract duration and other benefits
Temporary Part-Time Contract:
The gross annual salaries inherent in the position object of the present announcement will be fixed in the function of the contributed experience and the aptitudes of the candidates
Required information and contact
Submission of Applications:
- Cover Letter: Making explicit the reference of the call and the personal motivation of the application.
- Curriculum Vitae: including a list of publications, if applicable.
- Documentation: accrediting the merits presented and the required degree.
- It is essential to attach to the application the duly signed Authorization referring to Regulation (EU) 2016/679, relating to the protection of personal data (Attached Document, Page 3).
Presentation: Indicating the Reference of the Call (ID-88/2020). By email to mail to rrhh.fundacio(ELIMINAR)@clinic.cat
Submission deadline: From the publication of this call until 11/22/2020