Systems Administrator for the Information Technology Department
- Centre / Institution:
- Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics
The successful candidate will join the Systems Unit of the Information Technology Department and will also provide support to the Bioinformatics Unit.
Within the Systems Unit, will provide support to the management of the IDIBELL informatics structure, bearing responsibility for:
- Ensure the operational stability, security and efficiency of the centre infrastructure.
- Ensure the security of data: privacy, access and confidentiality.
- Configuration, installation, update and solving issues of servers related with IT services.
- Cluster of server management (Vmware).
- Disk cabins management (NetAPP).
- Kaspersky system antivirus management.
- Palo Alto firewall management.
- Management and administration of the different storage systems as well as the current backup system (Commvault).
- Inventory management of both computer and derived resources.
- Users registration, management and creation.
Within the Bioinformatics Unit, bearing responsibility for:
- Support the administration of Linux/Unix systems
- Ensure the operational stability, security, and efficiency of the infrastructure
- Management of the HPC cluster
- CI and infrastructure monitoring
- Maintenance and improvement of deployment pipelines
- Version control maintenance functions with GIT
- Creation and maintenance of (non-)relational databases
- Support on web applications maintenance
- Prepare and review analytical procedures documentation
Desired skills and expertise
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or similar is imperative.
- Professional working proficiency English and Spanish is a must.
- Experience in Linux/Unix System administration at advanced level.
- Experience with batch job schedulers and monitoring (e.g. slurm, Sun Grid Engine, Ganglia, ...).
- Experience with containerization and virtualization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ...).
- Experience with cloud environments (i.e. Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure ...).
- Version control experience (i.e. git, GitLab, Bazaar, ...).
- Experience in database development, administration and maintenance (SQL, NoSQL , data warehouse ).
- It is mandatory to prove at least 3 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a research / university / hospital environment.
- Advanced knowledge in the current systems of the center (Vmware, Netapp, Commvault, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Palo Alto).
- Intermediate level of programming (PHP)
- ITIL certification
- Basic knowledge about omics data
- Basic knowledge of bioinformatics
Contract duration and other benefits
- Type of contract: work and service
- Workday: full-time · Workday: Monday to Friday
- Professional category: Systems manager
- Remuneration (gross annual salary): negotiate according to the value of the preselected person and according to the IDIBELL salary scales.
- Preferred date of incorporation: immediate
- Location: IDIBELL, l'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona.
Required information and contact
- Curriculum vitae
- Presentation letter
- Minimum two references to contact