Bioinformatician – Quality Control & Primary Analysis”
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
We are seeking a bioinformatician, computational biologist or software developer with knowledge of genomics to work within the Production Bioinformatics Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of integrated tools and pipelines for automated processing and quality control of large amounts of Next Generation, Sequencing data from a wide range of applications (Whole Genome, Exome and Panel sequencing, RNA-Seq, Bisulphite Sequencing, Single Cell RNA-Seq, Genotyping-By-Sequencing, HiC, etc.), projects (inherited diseases, cancer, infectious diseases, evolution, population genomics, structural genomics, epigenetics, etc.) and organisms. The position also requires in-depth custom analysis of datasets and projects, typically for troubleshooting difficult cases or when new developments are required.
- The main tasks of the role include:
- Manage, process, quality control and analysis of large amounts of Next Generation Sequencing data
- Develop and/or test of new software and solutions for the quickly changing field of DNA sequencing
- Ongoing development of the data processing and quality control pipeline on an HPC cluster
- Assure automated continuous operation and integration with the in-house developed Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures and the CNAG-CRG ISO certifications and accreditations (currently ISO 9001 and ISO 17025)
- Communication and troubleshooting with the Sequencing Unit, bioinformatics groups and CNAG-CRG collaborators.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have good knowledge of genomics
- You have proven experience with Unix shell scripts, Python, and SQL
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in genomic data analysis
- You have experience in managing large sets of data
- You have knowledge of Perl and R, IPython and/or Matplotlib
- You have experience with batch processing on a cluster
- You have good software development practices
Education and training
- You hold a Master's degree in Bioinformatics or related discipline or Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of practical experience
- You are fluent in English
- You are very able in Unix and Windows operating systems and networks
- You have excellent teamwork skills
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You have communication skills
Contract duration and other benefits
The Offer - Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 1 year initial contract with possibility of extension
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Sergi Beltran
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Sergi Beltran and be submitted online through the CRG Career Site