Senior Technician in Statistics and Data Management
- Centre / Institution:
- Vall d'Hebron Institute of Research
- Bioinformatics expertise:
The Statistics and Bioinformatics Unit (UEB) opens a selection process to incorporate a graduate in Statistics or Mathematics, with skills in data management and preferably project management for the unit's statistics platform.
The role of the UEB is to support basic and clinical researchers, mainly from the Campus Vall Hebron, in their research. This is done primarily through data analysis services, participation in clinical trials, and data management services. The unit also offers advice and training on statistics and bioinformatics.
We are looking for motivated people to give technical support to scientific projects in which the unit participates, with a lot of aptitude and capacity to learn new techniques in new areas of knowledge.
Desired skills and expertise
Education and qualifications:
- Graduate in Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent postgraduate training. All applications will be considered, depending on experience.
- Postgraduate degree such as Master's or Ph.D.
Experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge and, preferably, experience in "data management", creation of electronic CRFs, and general knowledge of databases.
- Good level of statistical programming, preferably R and/or STATA.
- Solid knowledge of statistics and data analysis, preferably with experience in clinical data analysis and participation in clinical trials.
- Fluent English is a must.
- Specific experience in the RedCAP System will be valued.
- Knowledge in any of the following: Regulatory issues (GDPR), Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Quality (ISO) and/or Project Management, will be valued.
Main responsibilities/duties: The selected person will participate mainly in the following projects:
- EU-PEARL 'EU Patient-Centric Clinical Trials Platforms', European Project funded by IMI2 (Grant agreement no.853966) and coordinated by VHIR.
- EOSC Life 'Providing an open collaborative space for digital biology in Europe' European Project (Grant agreement no. 824087)
- The person occupying the position will be responsible for:
- Development of the tasks of the projects that generate their funding
- Participation in data management tasks such as data cleaning, creation of electronic CRFs, or database processing.
- Design and execution of clinical data analysis projects
- Offer biostatistical support to service users
- Collaborate, to the appropriate extent, in the development and innovation tasks carried out in the unit.
- Participate in the training programs carried out by the unit.
Contract duration and other benefits
Labour conditions: Part-time contract (30h/week) that would begin on 2020/10/01, with a duration linked to the project that would end in April 2023.
Remuneration: Gross Annual Salary 18,750 € What can we offer?
- Skillful and social colleagues in a dynamic environment.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Personal training opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of holidays + 9 personal days.
- Flexible Remuneration Program (including dining checks, health insurance, transportation, and more).
- Anual team-building events
Required information and contact
HOW TO APPLY (The candidates should fill the online form with requested personal and professional data.)
Please check on VHIR's official website the specific dates to submit your application. After this period the vacancy will be closed.
Only applications submitted through VHIR's official website will be considered.