Genomics Business Development Manager
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
- More information:
- Download file
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The Technology Transfer and Business Development Office is seeking a Business Developer to support CRG's Researchers throughout the process of making socioeconomic impact by developing new treatments, services and tools available to patients and professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Carry out his/her activity primarily focused on the fields of Genomics, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics and Personalized Medicine.
- Pro-actively contribute to identifying, evaluating and valorizing inventions and technical developments.
- Contribute to the strategic design of proof-of-concept and technology maturation proposals; seek funds and partners, including the drafting of proposals for public or private funding.
- Actively prospect for strategic partner companies to strengthen the research and innovation strategy of CRG, and support on establishing and managing the relationships.
- Improve the visibility of CRG's scientific and technological potential by contributing to strategic marketing and promotion of technologies and capacities;
- Identify potential licensees o investors and contribute to developing business plans to launch new ventures, and establishing the relevant tech transfer agreements.
- Contribute to ensuring appropriate protection of inventions and technologies, including the drafting and review of related agreements with third parties, and management of intellectual property rights.
- Actively contribute to the goals and initiatives of the TBDO, including generating financial resources for CRG's research, and fostering innovation and entrepreneurship culture.
About the team
The Technology and Business Development Office (TBDO) engages with CRG`s scientists having the ambition to transfer scientific results into the marketplace, with the purpose to generate new products and services. Our aim is to ensure a positive impact on society out of the knowledge and technology developed at CRG. We strive for an inclusive environment of scientific and entrepreneurial excellence, offering CRG`s scientist business oriented training and connections with investors and industry experts. TBDO strategically evaluates, protects and commercializes products and services for the life science sector through licensing and launching of spin off companies.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have expertise in the use of clinical, biological and/or genomic data.
- You have a genuine motivation and interest to be part of the innovation ecosystem.
- You are able to analyse extensive and complex technical documents in various fields and extract the key information.
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in business development, technology transfer and innovation processes.
- You have experience in the private biotech or pharma sectors.
- You have experience in performing industry liaison roles and/or managing research projects.
- Preferably, you have at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience.
Education and training
- You hold a PhD in Biological, Chemical, Bioinformatics or equivalent programming and computational sciences involving the assessment of biomedical Data.
- You are proficient in English. Catalan and Spanish are a plus.
- Skills to establish and coordinate international research and/or business collaborations including private and public entities.
- Written skills to elaborate financial, business reports and marketing material
- You have advanced MS Office skills
- Highly developed organization skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with different stakeholders across the life sciences industry
- You have precision skills.
- You are goal minded.
Contract duration and other benefits
The Offer - Working Conditions
- Contract duration: Initial 3-year contract with the possibility to become a permanent position
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: 1 September 2020.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile work and family life of its employees and is offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Anabel Sanz.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.