EGA Project Manager
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Computational Genomics
- Project management
- More information:
- Download file
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
On the 19th of November of 2013, the Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the institute's commitment in developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The new team member will work closely with the EGA Team Leader and contribute to managing granted projects, contribute to organize the tasks related to EGA activities and representing the EGA at some meetings, with the goal of ensuring a smooth and timely development of projects and activities.
About the team
The Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG, www.crg.eu) in Barcelona is co-managing the EGA (European Genome-Phenome Archive, www.ega-archive.org) in partnership with the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI, www.ebi.ac.uk) to explore and develop joint services based around human biomolecular data and its associated phenotype information. EGA is ELIXIR (www.elixir-europe.org) Core Data Resources and ELIXIR Recommended Deposition Repository and ELIXIR Spain (www.inab.es) service. It is supported by ELIXIR Spain, the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC, www.bsc.es), the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, www.upf.edu) and is based at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB, www.prbb.org).
The EGA is involved in many precision medicine initiatives and projects and looking forward to provide advanced services for that community. The EGA team is steadily growing with developers, curators and system administrators.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have at least 3 years of experience in dealing with projects and grants.
- In particular, you have experience in competitive European project grants (e.g. H2020 or FP7) and management in the scientific domain.
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have team leading experience
- You have experience in a bioinformatics background
Education and training
- You hold a Degree or MSc
- You are fluent in English
- You have proven computer skills at a power-user level, in particular word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications
- You have highly developed organization skills
- You have good communication capabilities
- You have team working abilities
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: 18 months with the possibility to be extended
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: July, 2020
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Jordi Rambla.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Jordi Rambla and be submitted online through the CRG Career Site - https://recruitment.crg.eu/content/jobs/position/ega-project-manager-0 .
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30th of June 2020