- Centre / Institution:
- Made of Genes
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
Genomcore (https://genomcore.com) is a company founded in 2015 with the objective to allow the effective implementation of personalized medicine in healthcare. We developed a unique technological bioinformatics framework able to combine high-end scientific computing workflows with user-friendly business processes designed for the healthcare sector.
Our innovative solutions are recognized worldwide through different international awards, such as MIT Technology Review Innovators Under 35, Dubai Future Accelerators or IBM Startups Connect. If you want to join a unique fast-growing, trend-making company, this is your chance. The candidate will be working together with other members of the Bioinformatics and IT team, reporting directly to the CIO.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Data Manager to join our team. His/her main duties will include:
- Enforce policies for effective data management
- Implement industry standard techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data
- Implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling with attention to all technical aspects
- Apply rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Collaborate with Bioinformaticians and IT Team to analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems
Desired skills and expertise
- B. Voc. in Software Development, Software Engineer or equivalent.
- Proven experience as data manager
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Solid background working with UNIX, Linux, VPN and communication protocols
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Problem solving and aptitude to teamwork.
We also value
- Previous experience in clinical laboratories or diagnostic units are a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a strong plus.
- Experience working with cloud providers.
- Programming skills in Python and/or R.
- Experience on the use of contents (Docker), source code repositories (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.), and automatization (Jenkins)
- Experience in data-intensive computing infrastructures that integrate computing and data storage resources.
Contract duration and other benefits
What we offer
● A full-time, permanent position in our Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona) headquarters.
● Gross remuneration between 18k€-25k€, depending on the experience of the candidate.
● Possibility of flexible working hours and partially remote work.
● A selection of activities aimed to complete the researchers' career development
● A challenging and motivating project with a talented team and growth possibilities.
Required information and contact
If you are interested, send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and the tag "DATAMANAGER-202006" in the subject.