Postdoctoral fellow in Bioinformatics (ref. PD/20/10)
- Centre / Institution:
- Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona)
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
- Cancer Genomics
We are searching for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to work on projects analysing cancer genomes with the aim of understanding mutational processes and their implication in tumorigenesis.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in bioinformatics analysis of genomics data, including mutations, RNA levels, genomic elements, etc. They will have coding experience with Python and/or R, and knowledge in data analysis. She/he should have strong analytical skills, in addition to creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and ability to work in a team. The candidate will participate and perform the activities, tasks, and reports within the framework of the NONCODRIVERS project funded by European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's H2020 research and innovation programme (GA - 682398).
The BBGLab is a strong interdisciplinary and international research team with unique expertise in the analysis of tumor genomics data. More information in http://bbglab.irbbarcelona.org
Desired skills and expertise
Must Have - Required
- PhD in Biomedicine, Biology, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Medicine or equivalent.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative research team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in international teams.
- Experience in cancer genomics.
- Experience in genomics data analysis and databases.
Contract duration and other benefits
The successful candidate will
- Participate in cancer genomics research projects in the group
- Co-supervise bioinformatics PhD or Master students together with the PI
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers and the PI
Required information and contact
Applications for the above opening should include CV, a letter of interest and references, and should be sent by e-mail to: irbjobs(ELIMINAR)@irbbarcelona.org Reference: PD/20/10