- Centre / Institution:
- Made of Genes
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
- clinvar, GO, PharmGKB, OMIM, DNA, RNA, NGS, Python
- More information:
- Download file
His/her main duties will include:
- R&D of processing, quality and annotation pipelines for human NGS datasets (DNA, RNA...)
- R&D of new methods for gene pathways and pharmacogenomics integrative analysis
- Automatization of risk inference methods from pedigrees and clinical history
- Data visualization and report generation for prevention, diagnostic or treatment recommendations
- Ability to work with different business units assessing the requirements and designing new protocols
- Provide support in the design and preparation of new R&D projects
Desired skills and expertise
- Degree in Science or Software Engineer with previous experience in Bioinformatics
- Strong experience in -omics bioinformatics techniques, specially NGS data processing pipelines (mapping, variant calling, filtering, etc), integration of clinical and experimental data from different sources, reproducibility and portability of analysis workflows.
- Extensive experience using public databases (ClinVar, dbSNP, Reactome, OMIM, GO, PharmGKB, etc).
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or R.
- Experience in workflow composition, testing, specification and execution based on adopted standards.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Problem solving and aptitude to teamwork.
We also value
- Previous experience in clinical laboratories or diagnostic units are a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Spanish or Arabic are a strong plus.
- Experience on the use of contents (Docker) and source code repositories (e.g. Github, BitBucket, etc.)
- Experience in data-intensive computing in-frastructures that integrate computing and data storage resources.
Contract duration and other benefits
What we offer
- A full-time, permanent position in our Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona) headquarters.
- Gross remuneration starting at 30k€-40k€, adjusted to candidate experience.
- A selection of activities aimed to complete the researchers' career development
- A challenging and motivating project with a talented team and growth possibilities.
Required information and contact
If you are interested, send us an e-mail to jobs(ELIMINAR)@genomcore.com with your CV and the tag "BIOINFORMATICIAN- 202002" in the subject