Junior Linux systems technician
- Centre / Institution:
- Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
- Linux, RHEL, CentOS, bash scripting, Bioinformatics
Together with the current system administrator and under his supervision, the candidate will carry out tasks of user support, maintenance of microinformatics and system administration.
System administration tasks include:
Server installation, configuration and management: web (apache), databases (mysql, postgresql), storage (nfs, samba, glusterfs), calculation (slurm), virtualization (proxmox).
Official number of the project funding this offer:
PR02717 - H2020-JTI-IMI2-2016- eTRANSAFE M.PASTOR i AL08017 - AGAUR - 2017SGR01020 - CASTELO, Robert
Desired skills and expertise
- Minimum degree, preferably Systems Engineering.
- Administrator-level operating systems: Linux (experience with RHEL / CentOS will be particularly appreciated).
- Languages: bash scripting.
- English (high level of writing and essential level of conversation).
- 1 year (especially if you have been in a research environment or in relation to bioinformatics / biomedicine).
Will also be valued as an additional knowledge of:
- Automation: ansible and / or puppet
- Programming: python
- Virtualization / containers: proxmox, docker, singularity
- HPC: slurm
- Monitoring: Nagios, Elasticsearch + Kibana
- Databases: MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Web: apache
- Backup: bacula
Contract duration and other benefits
- One year contract with continuity options
- Full day 37.5h / week from Monday to Friday
- Salary between € 24,000 and € 27,000 gross per year, according to experience / profile
- Work in an international environment, young and within the field of bioinformatics
Required information and contact
Those interested should send a CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org until March 15, 2020.