Bioinformatician at Translational Genomics and Targeted Therapeutics in Solid Tumors Research Lab (Call FU-08/2020)
- Centre / Institution:
- August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics, Computational Genomics
- More information:
- Download file
A job is being opened to cover 1 Position of Bioinformatician to support FUNDACIO CLÍNIC PER A LA RECERCA BIOMÈDICA (FCRB) at the research project "Desarrollo de un test basado en DNA tumoral circulante (ctDNA) para identificar los subtipos moleculares intrínsecos de cáncer de mama" ref. number: CMM_CHIARAG19_001, funded by Asociación Cáncer de Mama Metastásico CMM. With temporary contract.
We are looking for a Bioinformatician to join the Translational Genomics Targeted Therapeutics Lab at IDIBAPS. The scope of the work will be mostly linked to the analysis of genomic data from tumors and plasmas (cfDNA) in the context of breast cancer candidates. The successful applicant should be able to work independently.
Desired skills and expertise
- Required Degree: Biomedical Science Degree or similar.
- Specialty: PhD in Biomedical Science will be in consideration.
- Knowledge/ Experience of 3-4 years in Genomics and Cancer.
- Familiar with raw sequencing data (FASTQ) as well as other common formats (SAM/BAM, BED, etc), command-line tools (bwa, samtools, bedtools, etc) and biological databases (cBioportal, COSMIC...).
- Knowledge in complex data analytics methods, with a special focus on predictive analytics.
- Languages: English.
Contract duration and other benefits
Full Time Temporary Contract.
Annual gross remuneration inherent to the job offer object of this call will be fixed on the basis of the experience provided and the skills of the candidates.
Required information and contact
Presentation of applications:
All documents must include the reference code of the job offer (see upper left corner of the call)
·Candidates must enclose a motivation letter and their Curriculum Vitae (including your contact details).
·Proof of the merits exposed and the degree obtained must also be included in the application.
·The authorization request for personal data must be signed and attached -European Regulation (UE) 2016/679- (see page 3).
Application Deadline: 23/02/2020
By e-mail to the e-mail address: rrhh.fundacio(ELIMINAR)@clinic.cat