Database expert Position at the PharmacoInformatics Group of GRIB
- Centre / Institution:
- Pompeu Fabra University
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- databases; programming; Python; Informatics
A position is available for the development and maintenance of scientific databases, at the PharmacoInformatics (PhI) group led by Manuel Pastor at GRIB (IMIM-UPF) in Barcelona. The candidate will be in charge of developing and maintaining scientific databases, integrated in a team of scientist and international experts from industrial and academic institutions, in the context of European projects in the areas of in silico toxicology. She/he will participate in the development (design, implementation) and maintenance (data update) of databases hosting chemical and biomedical data. The work will be carried out tightly integrated in a team of young scientist, in research projects funded by the European Union and private companies, leaders in their industrial sectors.
The PhI group lead by Manuel Pastor is a multidisciplinary team with strong experience in the development of novel computational methods and their application in the drug safety areas. Some relevant achievements in these areas include: i) the development of methods for robust applicability domain and reliability indexes in the prediction of toxicological endpoints, ii) development of eTOXlab, a flexible framework for the implementation of prediction systems, iii) development of multiscale prediction systems for drug-induced QT elongation, iv) participation in the European projects eTOX, Open PHACTS, iPiE, EU-ToxRisk, TransQST and eTRANSAFE. A description of the group and the most recent publications can be accessed at http://phi.upf.edu
Desired skills and expertise
- University degree in Informatics or related areas.
- Good English level (B1 minimum).
- Experience in Linux and Windows computing environment.
- Experience in the development, administration and maintenance of databases (PostgreSQL and MySQL).
- Good programming skills in Python.
We will valuate:
- Experience in programming using chemoinformatic libraries like RDKit or CDK, and prototyping tools like Jupyter.
- Experience in Oracle.
- Knowledge on the use of web-based applications for accessing databases.
- Professional experience in any of the mentioned skills.
Contract duration and other benefits
Gross annual salary around 31.000 eur, part-time position (38hrs/week) for 12 months with the possibility of extension. This contract is funded by the Enhancing TRANslational SAFEty Assessment through Integrative Knowledge Management (eTRANSAFE) project, from the European Commission.
Required information and contact
Please send a CV and a letter of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org