International Relationships and Innovation Agent
- Centre / Institution:
- ALBA Synchrotron
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Agrigenomics, Algorithmics, Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics, Chemoinformatics, Comparative Genomics, Computational Genomics, Drug Design, Functional Genomics, Genetic Variation Analysis, High Performance Computing (HPC), Integrative Bioinformatics, Medical Imaging, Metabolomics, Metagenomics, Pathogen Informatics, Pharmacoinformatics, Phylogeny and Evolution, Population Genetics, Proteomics, Structural Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and Networks, Text Mining, Transcriptomics
The position offers a unique opportunity for professional development by working at the Director's Office, and in the Industrial Liaison Office, on a collaborative, multicultural, international and stimulating work environment.
We seek a highly motivated individual to deal with intensive international management activities, industrial and innovation projects.
The functions of the successful candidate are two-fold:
- To support the Facility Director on LEAPS management activities such as:
- General support for the LEAPS project
- Organization and follow-up of meetings, conferences, teleconferences, workshops, etc.
- Update of web-site documentation
- To support the Industrial Liaison Office in fostering and managing collaborations with the industry and in providing general support to ALBA in innovation and technology transfer.
Desired skills and expertise
Qualification and Experience: Essential
- University degree in a scientific or science related management discipline
- Experience in comparable positions or in international R&D projects
- Understanding of project planning and reporting requirements
- Profound interpersonal, oral/written English communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish or Catalan
Qualification and Experience: Assets
- Management degree
- Familiarization with synchrotron light sources or large R&D infrastructures
- Self-initiative and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in teamwork
- Organizational talent
- Flexibility to work on a need basis
- Salary depends on qualifications and experience
- The duration of the contract will be three years, with working conditions accordant to CELLS regulations.
ALBA welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
This position is reserved for candidates who meet the requirements and have the legal status of disabled persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%. In case there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements, the rest of the candidates without declared disability will be evaluated.
The requirements considered as necessary to participate in the selection process, their knowledge and work experience in relation to the functions of the position, their suitability and ability to progress towards them and their personal skills, attitude and commitment will be checked if met by the candidate.