Head of Controlling and Grant Management
- Centre / Institution:
- ALBA Synchrotron
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Agrigenomics, Algorithmics, Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics, Chemoinformatics, Comparative Genomics, Computational Genomics, Drug Design, Functional Genomics, Genetic Variation Analysis, High Performance Computing (HPC), Integrative Bioinformatics, Medical Imaging, Metabolomics, Metagenomics, Pathogen Informatics, Pharmacoinformatics, Phylogeny and Evolution, Population Genetics, Proteomics, Structural Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and Networks, Text Mining, Transcriptomics
The selected person will lead the section "Controlling and Grant Management" within the Administration Division, reporting directly to the head of administration.
The objective is to steer and control the administrative processes of the organization in compliance with applicable normative from a budget and grant perspective.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with strong background in grant and budget management in research organizations or companies, proven superior organizational and leadership skills for small teams and excellent budgeting, monitoring and documentation skills. The person is expected to contribute to further develop critical internal processes.
Additional specific duties and responsibilities:
- Support head of administration in budget elaboration and controlling.
- Support and assess ALBA staff in funding opportunities, lead the grant management tasks and supervise compliance matters.
- Review of legal documents in the context of public administration and grant management.
- Coordinate and participate in audit processes.
- In general cross-functional support within administration and towards other divisions.
Desired skills and expertise
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Methodical and strategic thinking. Initiative and analytical skills.
- Proven experience in developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting and good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication at least in English and Spanish. Catalan would be considered as asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Team-player.
- Excellent organizational skills and good organization comprehension.
- Strong capability to identify and set the right priorities.
- Know to delegate work and make the team contribute to set priorities and objectives.
- Project management.
- Capability to review and understand legal documents.
- Sound computer literacy.
Essential educational and experience requirements:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in responsible roles in research and budget management in research/technology centers or infrastructures.
- Long-term track of involvement in grant management and projects under the European Framework Programs for RTD. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing ERDF grants would be a distinctive asset.
- Training and educational elements relevant for the position, as for instance in management of budgets, finance, business administration, project management, European and Spanish Research Grants and Regional Funds would be considered positive.
- Knowledge of auditing policies.
- Knowledge of public procurement policies under Spanish law would be an asset.
ALBA welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
This position is reserved for candidates who meet the requirements and have the legal status of disabled persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%. In case there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements, the rest of the candidates without declared disability will be evaluated.
The requirements considered as necessary to participate in the selection process, their knowledge and work experience in relation to the functions of the position, their suitability and ability to progress towards them and their personal skills, attitude and commitment will be checked if met by the candidate.