Head of Computing and Control Division
- Centre / Institution:
- ALBA Synchrotron
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Agrigenomics, Algorithmics, Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics, Chemoinformatics, Comparative Genomics, Computational Genomics, Drug Design, Functional Genomics, Genetic Variation Analysis, High Performance Computing (HPC), Integrative Bioinformatics, Medical Imaging, Metabolomics, Metagenomics, Pathogen Informatics, Pharmacoinformatics, Phylogeny and Evolution, Population Genetics, Proteomics, Structural Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and Networks, Text Mining, Transcriptomics
The position offers a unique opportunity for professional development in a highly collaborative, multicultural, international and stimulating work environment.
The Computing and Control Division (~ 60 staff members) is the responsible of all controls and IT aspects of the facility, including control systems for the accelerator, the beamlines and the technical infrastructures, management information services, electronics, control and scientific software development and support.
The Division Head leads all division activities and related budget, steers the new projects and collaborations, supervises the Division staff, and will shape the emerging field of data analytics and data management. She/he will be a member of the CELLS Management Board, as such strongly involved in daily and strategic decisions of the facility.
Desired skills and expertise
- High level university degree in either computing, telecommunications, mathematics, physics or similar disciplines
- Outstanding proven professional experience of at least 10 years that qualifies the candidate for the position
- Experience of at least 5 years in medium/large sized teams management
- Fluency in English language
- Excellent comprehension for organizations and strategic vision
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in diverse and multidisciplinary environments
- Excellent resource management skills
- Capacity to think outside the box and to work out creative solutions
- Degree in management is considered an asset
- Fluency in Spanish and or Catalan languages
- Experience in R&D project leading
- Salary depends on qualifications and experience
- The contract is permanent, with working conditions accordant to CELLS regulations.
ALBA welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
This position is reserved for candidates who meet the requirements and have the legal status of disabled persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%. In case there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements, the rest of the candidates without declared disability will be evaluated.
The requirements considered as necessary to participate in the selection process, their knowledge and work experience in relation to the functions of the position, their suitability and ability to progress towards them and their personal skills, attitude and commitment will be checked if met by the candidate.