PhD position in Bioinformatics, project proEVLifeCycle
- Centre / Institution:
- Anaxomics Biotech SL
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Algorithmics, Systems Biology and Networks
Network-based computational methods for EV datasets analysis
Objectives: (1) Adapt existing Anaxomics data network analysis tools to perform integrated analysis of EV datasets from proEVLifeCycle and public databases, (2) Develop new innovations in network data analysis: novel meta algorithms for feature selection specifically applied to biomarker detection, (3) Identify novel PCa biomarkers and EV therapy targets
Desired skills and expertise
You are invited to apply if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- You have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the start date of employment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Experience programming in Matlab and/or Python
- Basic statistical knowledge.
Contract duration and other benefits
The post is for 1 early stage researcher (ESR) who will undertake a three-year PhD studentship. The candidate will be directed within Anaxomics by Dra. Judith Farrés and Dr. José Manuel Mas and enrolled in the PhD program on Biomedicine at Universitat Pompeu Fabra and be co-directed by Prof. Baldo Oliva.
Required information and contact
Application have to be posted throuth the project site proEVLifeCycle, recruiting 10 early stage researchers for the PhD research projects. Current position is refered as ESR9.