IT Systems Administrator
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- More information:
- Download file
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of 'HR Excellence in Research' by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
The Systems Administrator will be in charge of managing and administering all the IT systems hardware, software and cloud resources. The selected candidate will be reporting to the Head of IT and will work with the current junior systems administrator.
The main responsibilities are:
- Management of the current IT services available in the CRG
- Unified Communication platform (Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint)
- Virtualization platform (VMware, HyperV)
- Authentication platform (Active Directory, ADFS)
- Monitoring and management platform (Nagios, Cacti, Systems Center, MDT)
- Management of the IT infrastructure available in the CRG
- Network (HP switches, Fortigate firewall)
- Servers (HP c7000 racks)
- Storage (NetApp FAS cabins)
- Office 365
- Administration of the current cloud services used by the CRG
- Participation in the definition of possible improvements of the current services or implementation of new services
- Collaboration in the management of IT projects where the Systems Administration team is involved
- Implementation of IT processes in order to automatize the work done by the different teams of the IT department
- Resolution of incidences that can affect the IT services and escalation to the external suppliers if needed
About the team/ lab/ department
The IT Department is responsible for providing IT services to over 500 users in two different locations (Barcelona Biomedical Research Park - PRBB and Barcelona Scientific Park - PCB). The department is divided in 3 areas, the Helpdesk team, responsible of the direct support to the user, the Systems Administration team, in charge of administrating all the IT systems and the Web team, responsible of the web development and support.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have a minimum of three years of experience in a similar job position
Desirable but not required
- You have a minimum of one year of experience in team management
- You have knowledge of Oracle database and no relational database
- You have knowledge of Oracle application server to level of systems
Education and training
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computing, Telecommunications, or similar degree
- You have an advanced level of Spanish
- You have a good level of English
- Good level of Catalan would be a plus
- You have experience in Windows and Unix operating systems
- You have experience in Unified Communication platform (Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint)
- You have experience in Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, ISA Server, proxies
- You have experience in network, WIFI, SDN and Firewalls
- You have experience in SAN and NAS storage platforms
- You have experience in standard web environment (Apache, Tomcat, IIS)
- You have experience in Office 365 cloud services
- You have experience in management and monitoring tools (Nagios, Centreon, Cacti, Microsoft Systems Center)
- You are organized, proactive, dynamic and responsible
- You are used to take decisions
- You have a good capacity to coordinate internal and external team work
- You have a good capacity for suggesting changes and improvements for the current services
- You have good capacity in Project management and reporting
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: Longer-term employment with initial temporary contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Yann Dublanche
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Yann Dublanche and be submitted online through the "Apply " button below.