EJP-RD Front-end Developer for the RD-Connect GPAP
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Computational Genomics
- More information:
- Download file
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of 'HR Excellence in Research' by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
The CNAG-CRG is looking for a Front-end developer to work on the RD-Connect Genome Phenome Analysis Platform (https://rd-connect.eu; https://platform.rd-connect.eu) as part of the European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (www.ejprarediseases.org). The main responsibilities will be:
- Define the UX/UI of the Analysis Platform in concordance with the EJP-RD needs
- Collaborate with the GPAP stakeholders for collecting the functionalities requirement
- Collaborate in the implementation of the UI together with the other engineers
About the team/ lab/ department
The selected candidate will join the Bioinformatics Analysis Unit led by Dr Sergi Beltran. The multi-disciplinary 16 member Unit is devoted to NGS data analysis and tool development, mostly related to human health. Dr Beltran is a partner in EJP-RD, Solve-RD, URD-Cat (www.urdcat.cat), ELIXIR (www.elixir-europe.org) and MatchMaker Exchange (www.matchmakerexchange.org) and leads the development of the RD-Connect GPAP.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You hold a BSc in Design and Multimedia Technology, Informatics or related field.
- You have UI experience
- You have knowledge in HTML/CSS knowledge
- Good balance between aesthetics and usability
Desirable but not required
- Understanding of genomic data analysis, preferentially related to human genetic diseases.
- Comprehensive understanding of /UX principles
- Wireframing /Interaction design
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Sergi Beltran.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Sergi Beltran and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by 19th of February, 2019