Post-Doc Researcher for Beatriu de Pinós Call 2019
- Centre / Institution:
- CERCA Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics
CReSA (Centre de Recerca en Sanitat Animal) seeks to hire a Bioinformatician /Biostatistics to work in the research group "Exotic diseases", mainly in arbovirus and arthropod vectors. CReSA seeks a Bioinformatician/Biostatitcs to apply for Beatriu de Pinós Call.
About the team
- The research focus of the group is to understand the vector-virus interaction. We participate in EU research projects such as Infravec2 and Zikalliance and and national projects (Mosquivir) and networks (Rearbovir).
- We have a Biosecurity level 3 facilities where we can perform infections with BSL3 pathogens. Besides we have an insectary in this BSL3 facility where we can perform experimental mosquito infections with BSL3 viruses to virus-mosquito interaction studies that include transcriptome, virus evolution and microbiome analysis (RNAseq, small RNAseq, metagenomics).
- The aim of the future work is to implement bioinformatics and statistical tools and to identify gens involved in mosquito infections, microbiome interactions in the vector for virus control purposes.
- Main Responsibilities
- You will work conducting bioinformatic/biostatistical research for several projects and even you can open new bioinformatician research related to exotic diseases. Primary duties will include, but will not be limited, to implementation of pipelines to integrate infection and -omics data generated from the experimental studies.
- The projects in we are involved are highly collaborative and provides the opportunity to interact with investigators in different disciplines, including entomologist, virologist, epidemiologist from different countries.
Desired skills and expertise
They must have obtained their doctorate between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2016 (the date of the doctorate is regarded as the date of the defence and approval of the thesis).
The period for obtaining the doctorate may be extended from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2016 if for any of the following cases:
- Have benefitted from a period of maternity or paternity leave.
- Have been responsible for children under six, persons with a physical or mental disability or sensory impairment, or persons aged over sixty-five years of age who depend upon the beneficiary and who require special care.
-They have suffered a serious illness or an accident resulting in medical leave of more than six months.
- Be recognized as having refugee status under the 1951 Refugee Convention.
b) Have, at the time of joining the recipient organisation, a minimum of 2 years' postdoctoral experience outside of Spain. This postdoctoral experience may, irrespective of the type of link, have occurred in different institutions, provided that the total postdoctoral stay/visit is of at least two years.
c) They must not have resided or worked in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to date of submission of the application. In the case of refugee researchers, the mobility rule shall be applied from the date of obtaining official recognition as a refugee under the 1951 Refugee Convention.
Contract duration and other benefits
- Full-time 3 years contract.
- Gross salary will 33.141,99€/year.
- Further budget dotaion up to 12.000€ to cover related expences.
Required information and contact
If interested to apply for the Call through CReSA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org the sooner the better in order to start working on the submission of the proposal.