HR Recruitment and Development Specialist
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Text Mining
- More information:
- Download file
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain. With over 400 scientists from 43 countries, the CRG's excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of 'HR Excellence in Research' by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
The HR Department is responsible for providing HR services to over 500 users in two different locations (Barcelona Biomedical Research Park - PRBB and Barcelona Scientific Park - PCB).
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are looking for an "HR Recruitment and Development Specialist" who is excited by the challenge of providing an excellent service in a stimulating international research environment. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources.The HR Recruitment and Development Specialist will perform and execute activities relating to Recruitment, Learning and Development, and HR Projects.
The main responsibilities are:
Recruitment: Manage the full cycle recruitment and perform the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a focal person in the CRG recruitment system (Applicant Tracking System);
- Prepare vacancy announcements for all open positions, and advertise effectively in the relevant job boards;
- Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position's requirements
- Review applications and provide a long/short-list upon request by the Group Leader or the Hiring Manager;
- Arrange and assist in job interviews;
- Ensure all recruitment documents of successful candidates are completed (CV, motivation letter and reference letters);
- Manage correspondence in the HR email inbox, respond to queries related to recruitment on a timely basis;
- Follow-up of every step in the recruitment processes to ensure compliance with Recruitment Policies and Guidelines;
- Maintain and update recruitment reports, presentations and statistics data on a regular basis.
Learning and Development: Collaborate in the implementation of training and career development activities: Mentoring programme, performance appraisal systems, feedback interviews, exit interviews, training courses, recruiting procedures, etc.
Institutional HR related activities and projects: Collaboration and support in different projects of the department such as, HR Excellence in Research, Equality Plan, Onboarding, Alumni, and Career Development.
About the department
The mission of the HR Department is to ensure effective and efficient human resource services, thereby fostering a positive and diverse work environment and promoting equal opportunities and work-life balance, with the goal of enhancing the potential of every CRG member. The main services offered by the HR Department are:
- Resource planning and budgeting
- Contracts, payroll and personnel management,
- Recruitment process,
- Welcome, onboarding and farewell procedures,
- Training and development
Desired skills and expertise
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar position is essential. Demonstrated experience in successfully dealing with human resources issues and using current HR systems and practices. Previous experience in an international academic environment, preferably in a research organisation will be highly valued.
- A relevant university degree in Psychology, Business Administration or a field related to Human Resources.
- Preferably a Master's degree in Human Resources.
- Advanced user in MS Office.
- Social media and online tools.
- Proficiency level of English and Spanish written and spoken
- Catalan will be an advantage
- A solid service and client orientation, flexibility and ability to find innovative solutions.
- High level of accuracy, proven ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, set priorities, plan and organize.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and positively interact with people in a multicultural environment.
- Diplomatic and tactful personality able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: Longer-term employment with initial temporary contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Olalla Bagues
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Olalla Bagues and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by the 14th of February, 2019