- Centre / Institution:
- Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Population Genetics
The Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is looking for a Computer Engineer to be part of the group of Statistical and Population Genomics working on Developing Bioinformatic Tools for the Genome Analysis of Variability.
CRAG is an independent research institution engaged in leading-edge basic and applied plant and farm animal sciences. CRAG is established as a Consortium of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and University of Barcelona (UB). The Centre is located at the UAB Campus, and currently hosts 200 members from across the world.
Research Programs at CRAG (from basic science to applied research using plant experimental model systems, crops and farm animals) make extensive use of genomic technologies and large sets of genetic and genomic data https://biennialreport2016-2017.cragenomica.es/.
The main tasks are included within the framework at the project are:
- Set up the use of (our software platform) ngaSP with docker.
- Redefine the minimum requirements of RAM and CPU as well as the versions of docker (e.g. v18), and OS behind.
- Possible modification of the backend code in C ++, or the code of the server with the API in node.js
- Write Manuals, examples, case studies, and more documentation.
- Build a modules in git as well as submodules to solve the problem of updates between dependent libraries.
- Other tasks related to the functionality of ngaSP.
Desired skills and expertise
MSc or Engineering equivalent in Computer Science
Knowledge, experience or capacity to short term learning: docker and Github.
On a regular basis, generate documentation in English.
Contract duration and other benefits
Contract duration: full time 3-4 months or part time until 8 months
Hours/week: 37,5h (part-time candidates will also be considered- 20h/week with longer contract duration)
Full-time salary: 32.000-35.000€ year gross salary (depending on the candidates experience and qualifications)
Required information and contact
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates, please submit (all the documents are mandatory for the application):
· Letter of motivation describing detailing experience.
· Around 3 references (including email address and phone number)
Please submit all the application through CRAG website: http://www.cragenomica.es/jobs
CRAG is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. All candidates will be considered qualified for the job without restrictions of gender, race, nationality or disability.
Deadline: January, 2019.
Start date: February 2019