Post-doctoral scientist, Applied Genetics of Metastatic Cancer Group
- Centre / Institution:
- Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
We seek an enthusiastic and motivated post-doctoral scientist to join VHIO´s Applied Genetics of Metastatic Cancer Group. The successful candidate will participate in exciting and ongoing projects, collaborating with other leading international research centers to identify driver genetic alterations in tumor tissue and liquid biopsies and better understand the mechanisms of genetic and tumour microenvironment heterogeneity in cancers.
Desired skills and expertise
- Applicants must have a PhD, a background in bioinformatics, and experience in next generation genomics and transcriptomics processing and analysis - preferably related to cancer biology. Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Applicants should hold a degree in bioinformatics and have previous experience and a track record in massively parallel sequencing data analysis.
- Programming languages: Java, C, Python, Perl, Matlab and/or R. Statistical analysis with R experience.
- Tasks: Build a robust informatics pipeline for analyzing genomic and transcriptomic sequencing data from human samples (focus on cancer research). Apply and integrate existing software to support sequence alignment, variant calling, gene expression analysis, neoantigen in silico prediction, inter-sample comparison, algorithm evaluation.
Required information and contact
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your scientific interests using the form in VHIO web page or via email to: selecciorrhh(ELIMINAR)@vhio.net, adding "Ref. 01/2019" in the subject line.