Computational Technician at the CRG/UPF Proteomics Unit in Barcelona
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Computational Genomics
A one-year position is open for a computational technician at the CRG/UPF Proteomics Unit in Barcelona. The successful applicant will become a part of an international team of scientists, which is working closely with scientists at the Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona.
The applicant will work on the development, upgrade and maintenance of the QCloud web interface (http://qcloud.crg.eu), a cloud-based quality control system for proteomics experiments. The duties associated with the position will include creating interactive charts with Plotly.js libraries (or similar), and the implementation of several aspects to increase the current functionality of QCloud (e.g. the automatic registration of new users and instruments, among others).
We are looking for highly motivated and organized candidates with previous experience in mass spectrometry, proteomics or similar analytical techniques. Candidates must have good communication skills, capable of working in a group, and with a high degree of work autonomy.
About the team/ lab/ department
The goal of the Proteomics Unit is to provide proteomic services to internal and external users, and to further develop mass spectrometry-based quantitative techniques so that proteomics becomes a set of robust, sensitive, accurate and precise methods that enable not only the generation of research hypotheses but also their subsequent validation in complex biological systems.
The Unit is involved in several international collaborations both with individual researchers and research initiaves and consortia, and it has been part of the European Project PrimeXS infrastructure that gathered together the best European proteomics laboratories and platforms to spread proteomics access and tools to the international community. Moreover, the Proteomics Unit is also part of the "Plataforma de Recursos Biomoleculares y Bioinformáticos" and "ProteoRed" of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III, part of the Spanish National Health System.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You hold a "Cicle Formatiu de Grau Superior" in disciplines related to the area of Information Technology and Communication.
- You hold a bachelor in Science in disciplines related to Information Technology and Communication.
Technical skills required:
- You have previous experience in developing web applications with HTML5, CSS and JS, and LAMP.
- You have previous experience with Angular 7, and Spring Boot frameworks.
Additional beneficial skills:
- You have previous experience with Plotly.js, and Materialize frameworks.
- You have analytical skills and critical thinking.
- You have the capability of working independently and in a team.
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: Till December 31st 2019
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: 1st February 2019
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Eduard Sabidó.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Eduard Sabidó and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities