Data processing for chemical instrumentation in the field of biomedical applications: metabolomic analysis
- Centre / Institution:
- Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Algorithmics, Biomedical Informatics
Master students willing to start a PhD in signal processing and machine learning techniques for metabolomics
Student profile: Biomedical Engineer, Telecomunications Engineer, Computer Scientist, Statistician, Physicist, Chemist.
Tasks and responsibilities: Implementation of novel workflows for the analisis of metabolomics data. Algorithmic optimization and results interpretation.
Desired skills and expertise
- Good academic marks.
- Skills in data processing software (MATLAB, Python or R)
- Knowledge about machine learning is valuable
- Experience in chemical instrumentation is valuable
- It will be valued also to have knowledge on experiment design.
- Immediate incorporation
Contract duration and other benefits
Possibility of working in a multidisciplinary group in biomedical projects.
Possibility of obtaining an APIF grant, or FI grant