PhD in Bioinformatics
- Centre / Institution:
- Anaxomics Biotech SL
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Algorithmics, Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Biomedical Informatics, Biostatistics, Integrative Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and Networks
- Systems Biology
We offer a PhD position in the IT department of Anaxomics biotech, a company leader in Systems Biology. The position is open in the IT department (Barcelona), to develop tools and to do data analysis related to biomedical data. We offer the opportunity to do a doctoral thesis in the field of the tasks where he/she will be enrolled in the IT department.
Desired skills and expertise
- The candidates must be eligible to initiate a doctorate.
- knowledge of computer programming is required, preferably in Matlab and/or Python. Knowledge and experience in biocomputing and/or artificial intelligence will be especially valued.
- At the date of recruitment have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree and he/she is in the first 4 years of his/her research career, counted from the date he/she obtained the degree that allows him/her to embark in a doctoral degree.
- At the date of recruitment, the candidate must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the his/her recruitment. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
Contract duration and other benefits
- Renewable annual contract up to 3 years.
- Salary according with capabilities and experience
Required information and contact
José Manuel Mas
CEO & founder of Anaxomics Biotech