- Centre / Institution:
- Institute for Health Science Research Germans Trias i Pujol
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Algorithmics, Biostatistics, Computational Genomics
- algorithm, next generation sequencing, data integration, statistics, programming, data mining, data visualization
- More information:
- Download file
The individual in this position will be responsible for computational biology and bioinformatics support of genome-scale projects using advanced genomic technologies including in-house developed NGS methods. The major goal of the project is the obtention of genome-scale maps of epigenetic variation in human populations and disease. The project is highly collaborative and provides the opportunity to interact with
investigators in different disciplines, including computational and experimental biology.
Primary duties will include, but will not be limited, to the design and implementation of algorithms to map, annotate, integrate and organize data generated by next generation sequencing instruments, and
downstream statistical analyses and validation. Duties will also include data-mining on high-throughput data sets and development of tools for data analysis, integration and visualization.
Desired skills and expertise
- Background: PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience in biomedical computing.
- Proven proficiency in the management of Biological Databases, programming languages (R, Perl, Java, C++, Python, etc.) and biostatistics methods is required.
Contract duration and other benefits
What we offer
- A contract for a period of 12 months with possibility of extension
- Competitive salary according to qualifications and experience
- Integration in a collaborative scientific network devoted to high quality research in the field of cancer genomics and epigenomics
- Dynamic interaction with other leading cancer research groups
- Interaction with other bioinformatics groups within and outside of the institution
- Possibility for career advancement and attendance to specialized training courses and scientific meetings
Required information and contact
For more information on the research of the Mechanisms of Cancer and Cell Differentiation group visit the web page at http://maplab.cat or write to Miguel A. Peinado at mpeinado(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
Deadline for applications: 30 October 2018
- A short statement of motivation
- A CV including your contact details
- Names, email and telephone numbers of two referees
PLEASE INDICATE THE REFERENCE 2018/113 in the subject of the mail.