Postdoctoral Researcher in the group “Evolutionary Processes Modeling”
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment
- Evolutionary Processes Modeling
We seek to hire a postdoctoral researcher to work in the research group "Evolutionary Processes Modeling" of Dr. Donate Weghorn.
About the team/ lab/ department
The research focus in the group will be on developing new mathematical models and computational tools to describe cancer evolution. We mainly use published sequencing datasets to infer selection on coding and non-coding somatic variants. These questions are connected to the study of mutational processes and their signatures in cancer DNA sequencing data. The successful candidate will be driving individual projects and will work in a highly collaborative environment.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You hold a PhD in genetics, physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, computer science or a related field.
- You have fluency in one or more programming languages.
- You have experience with computational analysis of sequencing and other biological datasets (preferable).
- You are fluent in English.
- We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to work on evolutionary dynamics of tumorigenesis. Project ideas without a direct connection to cancer are welcome to be discussed.
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: 1 year (prolongable)
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: January 1, 2019
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Donate Weghorn.
- A complete CV including a list of publications and contact details.
- A brief statement of research interests.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Donate Weghorn and submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by 15th of November, 2018