Bionformatics Technician UEB
- Centre / Institution:
- Vall d'Hebron Institute of Research
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
VHIR offers a position for a bioinformatics technician within the Statistics and Bioinformatics Unit (UEB). UEB belongs to the VHIR pre-clinical core facilities, and provides support to biomedical researchers, offering them advice and analysis for different types of "omics" data, such as microarrays or next generation sequencing, among other services such as biostatistical analysis or analysis of clinical trials. In addition, UEB collaborates with other VHIR core facilities and organizes specialized training and teaching activities. It's a dynamic and stimulating working environment where you will be in contact with leading biomedical research.
- Minimum qualification: B.S./B.Eng. with M.Sc/Postgraduate training in Bioinformatics.
- English required.
- Working experience with, or demonstrable knowledge of, open source bioinformatics analysis tools (R and python/perl...) applied to genomics and high throughput omics data.
- Customer orientation and service vocation.
- High level of proactivity and good communication skills.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Optimize the technological resources available and take profit of the computational infrastructures offered by the Bioinformatics Platform of the UEB.
- Provide bioinformatics services to the VHIR research groups, including:
- Advice for the experimental design and planning of research projects involving bioinformatics, and
- Support in the communication of scientific results of these projects.
- Analysis of bioinformatics NGS and other high throughput omics data, with
- Development and improvement of in-house bioinformatics workflows and pipelines for these studies.
- Design and implementation of bioinformatics web-based applications.
- Participate in those UEB teaching activities.
Desired skills and expertise
- Experience in biomedical research environments, as either researcher or technical role.
- Expertise in the implementation of bioinformatics workflows and pipelines using cluster computing
- Knowledge in data science areas such as design of experiments, machine learning and data visualization.
- Familiarity with systems administration at the level of the needs of a bioinformatics lab.
- Familiarity working under quality management systems (ISO9001).
Contract duration and other benefits
- Full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Permanent contract
- Gross annual salary: 24.000€ - 26.000€ (depending on experience)
- Starting date: 1st July.
Required information and contact
Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter with the reference "Bioinformatics technician" to the following emails: seleccio(ELIMINAR)@vhir.org and ueb(ELIMINAR)@vhir.org before June, 24th 2018.