- Centre / Institution:
- Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
- More information:
- Download file
Overview: Vall d'Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) is looking for bioinformaticians to join different research areas at VHIO. The scope of the work will be mostly linked to the analysis of genomic data related to cancer diseases. Successful applicants must be able to work independently across multiple projects.
Application deadline: 30/06/18
Vacancies available: 1-2
Desired skills and expertise
- Bioinformaticians with a PhD in biomedical sciences or similar experience (i.e. 3-4 years' experience and peer-reviewed publications for senior candidates and a recently granted PhD in the case of junior applicants).
- Knowledge/experience in Cancer Genomics.
- Familiarity with raw sequencing data (FASTQ) as well as other common formats (SAM/BAM, BED, etc.), command-line tools (bwa, samtools, bedtools, etc.) and biological databases.
- Experience using GNU/Linux systems, preferably Ubuntu.
- Fluency in R. Knowledge of Python and other programing languages will also be favored.
- Proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of statistical modelling or machine learning is a plus.
Contract duration and other benefits
Salary conditions according to experience and profile.
Required information and contact
Please email a cover letter with scientific interests and CV to: selecciorrh(ELIMINAR)@vhio.net. Please, use "Ref. 14/2018" as the subject line in your email.