Big data Manager
- Centre / Institution:
- Vall d'Hebron Institute of Research
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
The Rheumatology Research Group (Vall Hebron Research Institute) led by Antonio Julià currently coordinates the data collection and analysis of a large national cohort on autoimmune diseases (>10,000 cases). Analyses include next generation sequencing and other high throughput molecular approaches.
We are seeking for an IT expert (computer scientist, informatics/telecommunications engineer or similar) to perform the big data management and analysis processes at our lab in the Barcelona Scientific Parc (PCB).
Desired skills and expertise
- University degree in relevant engineering (computer science, informatics, telecommunications, or similar).
- Database design and management (SQL, NoSQL).
- Proficient writing and speaking in English.
- Experience in HPC and cloud environments (AWS, GCP).
- Experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence methodologies.
- Previous experience with life science data is not essential but will be valued.
Contract duration and other benefits
3 years contract; salary based on candidate's experience.
Required information and contact
Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) to hr.grr.vhir(ELIMINAR)@gmail.com