Computational Chemist (Maternity cover)
- Centre / Institution:
- Mind the Byte
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Chemoinformatics, Drug Design, Structural Bioinformatics
We are looking for a motivated and proactive person with a great desire to learn and participate in innovative and growing environment. This person will work as Computational Chemist on the Scientific Department. The position is offered for a fixed period (expected August 2018 - April 2018) to cover a maternity.
Desired skills and expertise
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics or closely related fields.
- Strong skills and experience in Computer Aided Drug Design (Ligand and Structure-Based Drug Design: Virtual Screening, Target Profiling, SAR analysis, Compund optimization, etc) and biomolecular simulations (Molecular Dynamics, Docking, Free Energy calculations, etc).
- Experience using popular software tools for simulating biological systems (Gromacs, NAMD, Autodock Vina, AmberTools, Gamess, etc).
- Protein modelling and molecular design experience is a plus.
- Experience in scientific computing using python or similar. Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB) is a plus.
- Experience in code development is a plus.
- Work independently and adapt to a changing environment.
- Creative, motivated and communicative team player with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English. High level in writing & speaking is a must.
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Catalan. Other languages are a plus.
Contract duration and other benefits
- Full time contract for 8 months
- Flexible working time
- Salary according to both personal experience and Mind the Byte pay scales
- An exciting and growing innovative environment
Required information and contact
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to hr(ELIMINAR)@mindthebyte.com before June 30th