Genomics / epigenomics postDoc
- Centre / Institution:
- Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Functional Genomics
- Epigenomics, Genomics, Epigenetics
Dr. Manel Esteller is the Director of the Cancer Epigenetics and Biology Program and the principal investigator of the Cancer Epigenetics Group, which is involved in the analysis of the type and mechanisms of epigenetic alterations in cancer cells, including aberrant changes in DNA methylation and histone modifications in cancer, study of the epigenetics machinery and associated mutations, and finally, testing of epigenetic drugs.
We are seeking a Genomics/Epigenomics Postdoc with expertise in Illumina technology to run and manage the "omics" facility at the Cancer Epigenetics and Biology Program (PEBC) in IDIBELL, Barcelona.
Desired skills and expertise
- Educational background in genomics, biology or related field.
- PhD degree or equivalent and demonstrated experience in obtaining and analyzing high-throughput "omics" data.
- Proficient writing and speaking in English.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
Contract duration and other benefits
- The opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research projects in a competitive and dynamic international environment, in one of the leading Epigenetics labs in Europe.
Other job details:
- Full time contract.
- Salary based on candidate experience.
- Possible start date: July 1st, 2018