IT Helpdesk Technician
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Computational Genomics
The Helpdesk technician will be sharing with the other Helpdesk technician the responsibility of resolving user requests of any kind, both in-situ or remotely.
The main responsibilities are:
- Support to the users
- User ticket resolution
- Troubleshooting and administration of users
- Installation and support of computer Hardware
- Installation and support of computer Software
- Support for meetings and rooms
- Support of printers
- Support of telephone lines and mobile devices
- Management tasks
- Device inventory
- Software inventory
About the department
The IT Department is responsible for providing IT services to over 500 users in two different locations (Barcelona Biomedical Research Park - PRBB and Barcelona Scientific Park - PCB). The department is divided in 3 areas; the Helpdesk team- responsible for the direct support to the user, the Systems Administration team- in charge of administrating all the IT systems and the Web team- responsible of the web development and support.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have a minimum of one year experience in a similar role, preferably in an international research and/or academic environment
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computing, Telecommunications, or similar degree
- You have knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- You have knowledge of Mac OS
- You have knowledge of Linux main distributions (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- You have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Skype for Business
- You have knowledge of hardware installation and PC assembly
- You have knowledge of smartphones and common telephony
- You have knowledge of audio-visuals (projectors etc...)
- You have knowledge of networks (LAN, WIFI)
- You have an advanced level of English, Spanish and Catalan
- Initiative: Proactive, and results-oriented.
- Communications: Strong communication skills; written and verbal. Ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Planning & Prioritization: Ability to work to tight deadlines, and making decisions
- Teamwork: Ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Collaboration: Can work collaboratively under standard and established procedures.
- Interpersonal relations: Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels.
Desirable but not required
- Knowledge of SharePoint will be appreciated
- Knowledge of Office365 will be appreciated
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: 1-year full-time position (option to extend may be considered at the end of the term)
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leave, flexible working hours and teleworking.
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Yann Dublanche.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Yann Dublanche and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by the 29th of June 2018