Senior Technical research
- Centre / Institution:
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Algorithmics, Biomedical Informatics, Computational Genomics
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Look at the BSC experience:
BSC-CNS YouTube Channel
BSC-CNS Corporate Video
Let\'s stay connected with BSC Folks!
Context And Mission
Within the Life Sciences Department, we are looking for a senior technical researcher in computer science/software engineering/data warehouse, preferable with knowledge in natural language processing and language technologies tools. In particular, for tasks related to project organization, planning, time-management, open tender calls and project development control.
He/she will interact directly with a team working in text mining and language processing covering both domain-application and project development related aspects. He/she will be directly involved in innovation application projects from initial project planning, design, development and evaluation phases.
Furthermore, he/she will be responsible of the workflow service, the integration of NLP components and the design and of data warehouse platforms.
- Actively participating and working alongside the project management in designing proposals, project planning, and monitoring
- Analysis and design of the system architecture and user Interface
- Definition of standards and specifications of interoperability and compatibility and the corresponding validation mechanisms (ETLs)
Desired skills and expertise
- Higher degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, telecommunications or equivalent engineering degree
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience in project management related tasks: scoping, task planning and tracking, time-management and deliverable writing
- Experience in/with system architecture, cloud computing, docker or singularity, docker swarms, web services, and VMs
- Experience in international projects, preferably European FP projects and international collaboration
- Demonstrable use of public source code repositories (e.g. Github, BitBucket, Sourceforge)
- Familiarity with continuous integration software (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with some language processing platforms
- Skills and knowledge related to data Warehouses, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch), SQL (e.g. PostGreSQL, MySQL or similar)
- Ability to take the initiative, prioritize and work to deadlines
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a diverse member/stakeholder/staff base
- Ability to work both independently and to coordinate closely with a team
Contract duration and other benefits
- The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience
of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: asap