Programmer position for Natural Language Processing
- Centre / Institution:
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Algorithmics, Comparative Genomics, Computational Genomics
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Look at the BSC experience:
BSC-CNS YouTube Channel
BSC-CNS Corporate Video
Let\'s stay connected with BSC Folks!
Context And Mission
Within the Life Sciences Department, we are looking for a Programmer with knowledge in data processing, natural language processing and language technologies tools to work in research projects.
He/she will interact directly with a team working in text mining and language processing covering both domain-application and project development related aspects. He/she will be directly involved in innovation application projects from initial project planning, design, development and evaluation phases.
- Implementation of a workflow service, the integration of NLP components and the design and of data warehouse platforms.
- Development of mechanisms for the integration of the software resources and a data warehouse
- Integration of the ETLs developed mechanisms
Desired skills and expertise
- Higher degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, telecommunications or equivalent engineering degree
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience with the use of public source code repositories (e.g. Github, BitBucket, Sourceforge)
- Familiarity with continuous integration software (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with software ecosystems based on Maven and Nexus or setuptools, Virtualenv, PIP
- Programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C++, Scala
- Familiarity with some language processing platform
- Skills and knowledge related to data Warehouses, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch), SQL (e.g. PostGreSQL, MySQL or similar)
- Knowledge in the integration and evaluation of NLP tools for unstructured information exploitation
- Knowledge in language technologies related data models and metadata schema
- Ability to take the initiative, prioritize and work to deadlines
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a diverse member/stakeholder/staff base
- Ability to work both independently and to coordinate closely with a team
Contract duration and other benefits
- The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience
of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references
- A full CV including contact details
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.