- Centre / Institution:
- Nostrum Biodiscovery
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Drug Design
- Drug Design, Drug Discovery, Computational Chemistry
We are seeking a qualified Computational Chemist to apply bioinformatics, molecular modeling and computational chemistry techniques in the small-molecule drug discovery programs of our clients. The successful candidate will apply in silico ligand-based and especially structure-based drug design and simulation methods.
The position must be filled in a couple of months, desirably by the start of May.
Desired skills and expertise
- PhD in Computational Chemistry
- Strong track record of research accomplishment in the area of computational chemistry. Five or more scientific publications will be highly valued
- Understanding of the physico-chemical properties of small-molecules and their interactions with proteins
- Basic knowledge of organic chemistry
- Experience with one or more molecular modeling suites (Schrodinger, MOE, etc.)
- Experience with open-source software tools for simulating biological systems (Gromacs, NAMD, AmberTools, Autodock Vina, VMD, etc.).
- Scripting capabilities (Python, Perl)
- Experience in database management
- Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary environment
- English proficiency is a must
Contract duration and other benefits
- Real career development possibilities in an emerging spin-off;
- Involvement in the early drug discovery community: Attendance of events and conferences related to the field;
- Access to the most state-of-the art technologies;
- Continuous training program;
- International work atmosphere;
- Salary to be determined depending on experience. In any event, a plus based on performance will also be defined.
Required information and contact
Candidates shall send an email attaching their CV and a cover letter to: hello(ELIMINAR)@nostrumbiodiscovery.com