EGA Frontend Developer
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Comparative Genomics
- More information:
- Download file
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, w ith more than 400 scientists from 44 countries . The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit - based recruitment procedures and attractive work - life balance working conditions. For further information: www.crg.eu
The new team member will contribute both to the daily operations, to develop new features and to deploy new services, with the goal of bringing value to the huge assets that EGA is hosting, and to provide more sophisticated services to the EGA user community.
About the team/ lab / department
The Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG, www.crg.eu) in Barcelona is co-managing the EGA (European Genome-phenome Archive, www.ega-archive.org) in partnership with the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI, www.ebi.ac.uk) to explore and develop joint services based around human biomolecular data and its associated phenotype information. EGA is an ELIXIR (www.elixir-europe.org) Core Data Resource and ELIXIR Recommended Deposition Repository and an ELIXIR Spain (www.inab.org) Service. It is supported by ELIXIR Spain, the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC, www.bsc.es), the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, www.upf.edu) and is based at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB, www.prbb.org).
The EGA is involved in many precision medicine initiatives and projects and looking forward to provide advanced services for that community. The EGA team is steadily growing with developers, curators and system administrators.
Desired skills and expertise
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have 2 years of experience in web development
- You have proven experience in Angular, JS, CSS3, HTML5 and Bootstrap
- You have proven experience in Relational (PostgreSQL andMySQL) and non-SQL databases (MongoDB and ElasticSearch) and in Linux shell scripting
- You are fluent in English
Desirable but not required
- Experience with D3 or similar library
- A Degree in Computational Science or a related field
Contract duration and other benefits
- Contract duration: 1 year with the option to be extended for an additional 2 years.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state of the art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We arecommitted to reconcile a work and family lifefor our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leave, flexible working hours and teleworking
Required information and contact
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Mr. Jordi Rambla
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be addressed to Mr. Jordi Rambla and be submitted online on the CRG Career site http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by the 28th of February 2018
"Financiado por el proyecto PT17/0009/0024 del Plan Estatal 2013‐2016‐Instituto de SaludCarlos III y cofinanciado por el Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional (FEDER)"