Postdoctoral position at Cancer Epigenetics and Biology Program (PEBC)
- Centre / Institution:
- Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
We are looking for a postdoctoral biologist with an interest in Data Mining huge amounts of Epigenomic information to join Dr. Esteller's Cancer Epigenetics Group at IDIBELL.
Dr. Manel Esteller is the Director of the Cancer Epigenetics and Biology Program and the principal investigator of the Cancer Epigenetics Group, which is involved in the analysis of the type and mechanisms of epigenetic alterations in cancer cells, including aberrant changes in DNA methylation and histone modifications in cancer, study of the epigenetics machinery and associated mutations, and finally, testing of epigenetic drugs.
Desired skills and expertise
- Educational background in biology or related field.
- PhD degree and demonstrated experience in analyzing high‐throughput data.
- Proficient writing and speaking in English.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
Contract duration and other benefits
- The opportunity to contribute to cutting‐edge research projects in a competitive and dynamic international environment, in one of the leading Epigenetics labs in Europe.
Other job details:
- Full time contract
- Salary based on candidate experience
- Possible start date: February 2018