Bioinformatics Research Assistant (ref. LAB/17/10)
- Centre / Institution:
- Intitute for Research in Biomedicine
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment
- Genome, Data Science, Cancer
The group aims to attract a Bioinformatics Research Assistant to work on an ERC-funded project "HYPER-INSIGHT", which deals with large-scale statistical analyses of genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic data originating from human tumors, with the goal of discovering new opportunities for treatment of cancer. There is a possibility that the Bioinformatics Research Assistant may develop their own research projects, if they wish to do so and if the projects fit within the general interests of the lab
- Provision of broad, state-of-the art bioinformatics and genomics analysis to support research in the Genome Data Science group.
- Apply bioinformatics software tools to obtain and process -omic data and moreover development of custom bioinformatics pipelines for analysis and interpretation of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Assist in administering the group's computing infrastructure (Synology storage systems, Linux workstations/server).
- Administer the group's repositories of genome data and of computer code.
Desired skills and expertise
- Experience: One year or more experience in working with bioinformatics tools and large genomic data sets (preferably mammalian).
- Knowledge: MSc or PhD in a computer science or bioinformatics-related field. Applicants should be enthusiastic about working on an cutting-edge scientific research project.
- Skills: Ability to work independently and interact well within an international team environment consisting of researchers of diverse career stages (students, postdocs) and backgrounds (life scientists, computer scientists)
- Languages: A solid level of spoken English is required.
Contract duration and other benefits
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
Required information and contact
Applications for the above opening should include a CV (highlighting 1-3 publications and explaining the candidate's contribution to each), motivation letter and contact information of potential referees and should be sent by e-mail to: irbjobs(ELIMINAR)@irbbarcelona.org
When the applicants do not fit the requirements, the deadline will be able to be extended.
Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.