Lead Developer in Oncology Bioinformatics
- Centre / Institution:
- Made of Genes
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Bioinformatics of Disease and Treatment, Biomedical Informatics, Computational Genomics
- oncology, developer, full stack, front end, back end
Made of Genes is a innovative company founded in 2015 with the objective to bridge the gap between genome research and its clinical application. We developed the first transactional genomics framework in the world, providing service to end-customers, researchers, hospitals, laboratories and governments. Our innovative solutions are recognized worldwide through different international awards, such as MIT Technology Review Innovators Under 35, Dubai Future Accelerators or IBM Startups Connect.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Lead Developer to participate in the conceptualization, design, programming and testing of a new platform devoted to oncology services. This will be a web-based interface integrated in our Genomcore Suite that will integrate clinical data from different sources (genetics, pathological anatomy, clinical records...) to provide useful insights to the clinician. This role will report to the Head of Software Development and will be coordinated by the Product Owner of Oncology Bioinformatics. The Lead Developer will lead 2 other developers.
Desired skills and expertise
Required skills (at least 5 years of relevant professional experience are required)
- Experience in modern web development
- our front-end stack includes, but is not limited to: HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, AngularJS
- our back-end stack includes, but is not limited to: PHP-Symphony, Python-Flask
- Experience modelling and using databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...)
- Experience working with Git/Bitbucket
- Experience in Agile Development (Scrum) and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent inter-personal skills, initiative and ability to work in a high-performance team
- Professional working proficiency in Spanish and English
- Academic training in both Computer Sciences and Life Sciences, specially M.Sc. or Ph.D.
- Previous experience in clinical/scientific software development, specially related to oncology
Contract duration and other benefits
What we offer
- A full-time, permanent position in our Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona) offices
- Minimum gross salary of 30.000€/year, increased according previous experience and seniority
- A challenging and motivating environment with high growth possibilities and continuous learning
- A chance to use your skills to develop something that will have direct impact in patient's well-being
Required information and contact
If you are interested, send a mail to jobs(ELIMINAR)@madeofgenes.com with your updated CV or LinkedIn profile withthe subject "DEV_ONCO-201711 $your_name"