DevOps Engineer for Genomic Big Data
- Centre / Institution:
- Center for Genomic Regulation
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Biomedical Informatics
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the major Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe, supported by an extensive informatics infrastructure. The CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
The CNAG-CRG leads the development of a clinical-genomics platform, within the framework of the EU FP7 funded project RD-Connect. The platform allows easy analysis and interpretation of exomes and genomes while connecting databases, registries, biobanks and clinical bioinformatics for rare disease research.
We are looking for a software engineer to participate in the DevOps tasks of the RD-Connect platform using a mix of languages and tools to process and display the data. Technologies currently in use include Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Scala. Angular and Python. Therefore, knowledge of multiple programming languages and paradigms and experience using large datasets would be an advantage.
The developer will integrate in the CNAG's Bioinformatics Analysis Unit and work with highly qualified database developers and world-class research groups.
- Manage jenkins CI/CD pipelines
- Develop a monitoring system for the platform
- Deploy Docker images to production
- Collaborate with the team to design internal tooling
- Integrate with other platforms/resources
- Collaborate with data analysts and back-end developers.
- Interact with national and international partners
Desired skills and expertise
- BSc or higher in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- At least 1 year working experience as DevOps engineer or similar role in Unix operating systems
- Experience with jenkins
- Experience with at least one virtualization technology (dockers, vagrant, etc. )
- Experience with bash
- Experience with task automation
- Proactive and team worker
- MSc or PhD degree
- Experience with mesos, hadoop, elasticsearch
- Experience with puppet, foreman, ovirt
- Experience with distributed file systems
- Knowledge of Bioinformatics / High Throughput Sequencing and/or human genetics
Contract duration and other benefits
Contract Duration: Until the end of RD-Connect (31/10/2018), with a possibility of extension and career development.
Required information and contact
Interested candidates may submit a CV and a brief statement of experience and interests before June 23rd 2017 (23:59 local time) through the recruitment portal in the link below: https://recruitment.crg.eu/content/jobs/position/devops-engineer-genomic-big-data/apply