PhD position in Computational Chemistry
- Centre / Institution:
- Universitat de Vic - Universitat Central de Catalunya
- Bioinformatics expertise:
- Structural Bioinformatics
The Computational Biochemistry and Biophysics Lab (CBBL) at the University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia (UVic-UCC) is looking for an outstanding candidate to conduct the PhD in Computational Chemistry. The candidate is expected to apply for one of the two open internal PhD positions that the University has very recently published. The UVic-UCC PhD fellowships are typically awarded only to students with extraordinary academic records (a grade higher than 3 in the 1-4 Spanish scale is compulsory).
The CBBL is interested in incorporating a PhD student in one of the following projects:
- atmospheric chemistry: quantum mechanical calculations of the chemical dynamics of condensed phase systems to understand the influence of aerosols in the reactivity of greenhouse gases.
- enzyme design: QM/MM and molecular dynamics calculations of active site artificial environments for chemical reactions with industrial and environmental interest.
Desired skills and expertise
The candidate is expected to hold an MSc in any area related to computational chemistry.
Contract duration and other benefits