ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum: Genomics, bioinformatics and health - Public-private partnerships in open data
06/06/2017 13:30 - 07/06/2017 14:00
The aim of this Innovation and SME forum is to showcase to companies the free data resources and services that are available through ELIXIR Spain and ELIXIR Europe more generally. It will feature talks from ELIXIR partners on some of the key databases and resources and present examples of innovative companies that are already using public data in their businesses.
The event is free and open to all companies large and small, in the Barcelona region and further afield. It is organised by ELIXIR Spain and the ELIXIR Hub in collaboration with the Bioinformatics Barcelona Associacion (BIB), Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), Biocat and Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) and is particularly relevant for large and small companies active in the genomics and health domains.
The Keynote Presentations include:
- Alfonso Valencia - Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC-CNS), ELIXIR Spain, Head of Node.
- Arcadi Navarro - Secretary of Universities and Research of the Generalitat de Catalunya
- Ferran Sanz - Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM) and Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- David Henderson - Bayer AG
The Technical Seminars will be about ELIXIR and BIB educational resources and about public-private partnerships in open data, including presentations on the IMI. They will be led by: Serena Scollen (ELIXIR Head of Human Genomics and Translational Data), Jordi Rambla (Leader at European Genome Archive), Ana Ripoll (President of BIB), Phillip Gribbon (Fraunhofer-New Drugs for Bad Bugs), Salvador Capella and Josep Lluis Gelpi (ELIXIR Spain) among others.
The programme will also feature a roundtable with Alfonso Valencia, Abel Ureta-Vidal (CEO, Eagle Genomics) and Alfons Nonell Canals (CEO, Mind the Byte) to discuss Open Data and Tools facilitating innovation. There will be also FlashTalks - sponsored by Biocat - where organisations can present their work around public bioinformatics.
- Event website
- Registration website (registration is closed)
- Full programme
- Accommodation: attendees are expected to make their own accommodation arrangements. The organisation strongly recommend booking the accommodation as soon as possible:
- Dana Cernoskova cernoskova(ELIMINAR)@elixir-europe.org
ELIXIR organisation contacts: