Mission and vision
BIB aims to assist the distinct units in the bioinformatic field in going beyond the limits of their internal organizations and to ensure that the collaboration among the academic world, research, healthcare systems and industry is of the maximum effectiveness.
BIB aims to become the meeting point for all stakeholders within the bioinformatic sector lobbying to stimulate and promote initiatives that respond to the needs of the bioinformatic community.
To accelerate progress in life and health sciences by promoting scientific initiatives that:
- Challenge our understanding of bioinformatic fundamentals through integrated approaches
- Allow progress in developing a common framework for the effective and responsible exchange of biological and clinical data
- Promote translational genomic research within clinical treatment and the agrifood industry
- Emphasize the value of exchanging information and of using biological and related data
To provide a benchmark international platform in the field of bioinformatics to promote initiatives in:
- Vocational education and training, undergraduate and post-graduate education, and lifelong learning
- Advanced research
- Knowledge and technology transfer
- Industrial competitiveness
- Dissemination of scientific knowledge